Thursday, July 8, 2010

What is important for success?

I had another call with a consultant this morning. It was supposed to be a practice analysis including some advice on what we can do to make the practice better. After an hour and a half I was still curious what the most important key for success in an optometric practice. If I were to glean any tidbits from the phone call I would say it is caring.

When a patient comes into the office they want to be cared for. They trust us to give them the best in vision care. If I care for them and their eyes like they were part of my family then I think that is the gold standard in optometry. Some people may have concerns about money, potential disease or scratched glasses. If I am treating them like I would my own kin then they will get the very best. They get the best because I care.

No comments: